3.9

Have you seen Dr. Lisa C Kugelman?

Superficial Exam

I came to Dr. Kugelman with a family history of skin cancers, she barely checked me - didn't check my head, under my nails, under my bra (yes -told I could keep my bra on) - switching to another doctor .

Ignoring a lesion on my back and my leg

I complained to Dr. Kugelman about a red spot on my back, and eventually a similar problem on my leg. She said they were "nothing." I have lymphoma and the two lesions were cancerous. I am devastated .

good experiences

good staff, have confidence in the Dr

not sure

This is the second year I visited her for an annual check-up. Like other reviewers here, I'm inclined to call the staff incompetent. Smile nicely, but it appears that a biopsy specimen for melanoma may have been lost and asking for her to call makes me think I need to change practice asap. I'm really annoyed. I have never seen this level of nonsense.

Unprofessional staff and questionable treatment

I too have experienced very rude behavior, several times, from the clerical staff in this office. It's unprofessional of the doctors in this practice to ignore it. After receiving a very disappointing body exam that may have taken Dr Kugelman an entire minute to complete, I will not be returning. Family history of skin cancer. Waste of my time and insurance payment.

Not Taking New Patients

Despite all the web site info, they are not taking any new patients

Great Doctor, Terrible Staff

The staff and especially the main receptionist are just awful people. Terrible to deal with, which is why I am not going back. Which is unfortunate because the doctors are great, but whoever hired their support staff.... wow.

Excellent skills, caring doctor

Caring of her patients, Dr Kugelman is an excellent diagnostician. Office is very well run. Couldn't have a better experience.

Avoid the staff and get straight to the doctor! - Worst staff on the planet

The "witch" is really anyone behind the counter besides the physicians. My only complaint about them is that they are unresponsive to complaints about the absolutely petty and unprofessional nature of the staff. Seems my name got on a blacklist awhile back - now when I present myself to the counter - the receptionist asks me to wait - while she goes to another area of the office to do nothing. This is completely representative of the culture of the offi.e It is as if they are doing you a favor to respond to normal queries like prescription refill requests or office visit sign ins. Every time I have to interact with that staff my blood pressure raises appreciably. Moreover - they are the ones who feel put upon. "self important" indeed - they will conserve no amount of time telling how about how much responsiblity they have and the details of their internal policy but seemingly can't find the time to respond to requests or fill prescriptions within a reasonable timeframe.

GREAT DOCTOR BUT AVOID THE OFFICE STAFF!!!

Dr Kugleman is EXCELLENT - extremely knowledgable and professional. Unfortunately she is exceptionally poorly served by her staff who are - universally - self-important, officious, slow and vindictive. I have been seeing Lisa and her father who preceeded her for over 15 years for acne - they are excellent doctors and she's recently cured it with an excellent diagnosis and prescription. Unfortunately, her staff is - absooutely - the worst I've ever known in visits to hundreds of doctors offices all over the world. Unapologetic wait times of 5 minutes or more on the phone, unapologetic prescription refills that take more than 5 days even in an emergency when the patient is out of pills, universally incorrect forwarded messages to the doctor. Every single time Ive had to request something of the office (not the dr -shes's wonderful)- it has been ignored or incorrectly executed. Jan" runs the office and it is she who creates and allows this culture absent professionalism. For shame!

Up and possibly down

Dr. Kugelman was highly accurate when diagnosing a skin cancer I had. As a result, I would go back to her - as that's pretty darned important. On the other hand, she chose to remove it herself and (I think because she knew I was an attorney) she really dug in to my skin. It probably should have been removed by a cosmetic surgeon in that sense (it was not an urgent or fast growing type). But I would recommend her for diagnostic purposes. As far as her staff, she had one woman working there who was a witch almost every time I visited. Hopefully that was taken care of and is no longer a problem.

Dr. Lisa C Kugelman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Hartford, CT.

Dr. Lisa C Kugelman Is this you?