Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lisa Cohen
Dr. Lisa Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lexington, MA, with other offices in Newton Upper Falls, MA and Boston, MA (and 2 other locations). She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatopathology, Pathology and Dermatology. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Metrowest Medical Center and Metrowest Med Ctr Fuh - Out. She speaks English.
Dr. Lisa Cohen has the following 3 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metrowest Medical Center
Metrowest Med Ctr Fuh - Out
Tufts Medical Center
Caritas Norwood Hospital
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Steward Good Samaritan Med Ctr
New England Baptist Hospital
Massachusetts General Hospital
Steward Norwood Hospital
27 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Lisa Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lisa Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, MA.