1.6

Dissatisfied

stay away!

I'm not one for writing reviews but I had dr matthews deliver my baby ( not my obgyn) I was saddened to see my dr not be available to deliver my son but had dr matthews and had never met her before . I trusted everything would be fine! she came in everything seemed ok but after I had the baby my uterus wouldn't contract and I had ALOT of tearing . she made me very nervous because I had a lot of bleeding and it seemed pretty serious. I had many stitches even along my clitoris which I didn't kno was even somthing that would tear during delivery so I was kind of shocked. I even felt every stitch I don't think she used much novacaine if any. I felt like she was tough when baby was coming out and that she stretched me much more than necessary. whenever she asked for an instrument from the nurses they seemed to look at her like she was crazy almost as if she wasn't in control of the situation and it made me very uneasy. I was uncomfortable and scared because she didn't explain what was going on . definitely an awful experience !

Worst OBGYN

I recently gave birth to my first son and Dr. Greb was my OBGYN at the same practice as Dr. Matthews. I saw Dr. Matthews twice while I was pregnant because Dr. Greb was out and they were both equally horrifying appointments. The first she berated me for not having a pediatrician picked out yet.......I was barely halfway through my pregnancy and the second time was towards the end of my pregnancy and the way she shoved her hand inside to check for dilation scarred me for life. Luckily, Dr. Greb was on the day I had my son but Dr. Matthews was the doctor on the next day. I had a C Section so when she came in the next day to examine the incision the bandage had to come off.......she RIPPED the bandage off so hard my eyes teared up and I still have a scar from where the tape blistered my skin she pulled so hard. My husband was there and said the nurses faces were absolutely horrified when they saw what she did to me. Dr. Greb is awesome but stay away from Dr. Matthews!

never again

For two years I have told Dr. Matthews the pain I was experiencing was from endometriosis, which was previously diagnosed. She continued to tell me she believed it was from a nerve condition, like fibromyalgia. I finally had the laparoscopy a few days ago and they told me my uterus and rectum were fused together b/c of the scar tissue. To put the icing on the cake, she only prescribed me ibuprofen after the surgery! I was in so much pain, I had to go elsewhere for pain killers just for the first three days. I should have never stayed at that office. Now I will stick to male gynecologists like I used to.

Awful Experience.

She is overall rude, very unhelpful and plainly has some of the most awful bedside manor of an OB/GYN I've ever experienced. I started with a different doctor at the beginning of my pregnancy then chose to switch to her, I regret this decision and will never go back to her again. I am in far too much pain to endure a pelvic exam and she tried to push me into one. The other doctors in her practice as well as the nurse who is frequently there are awful doctors! I would not recommend anyone use her as a doctor and if you do be sure you have another doctor on stand by to see after you finish with her because I assure you, you will have no interest in staying with her after your first visit.

No follow up with lab results

I called for over a month to get results from annual pap smear left several messages nothing.I had to call insurance to request ok to get another one with a different Doctor.

Very Odd Experience

I saw Dr. Matthews the first time just after my original OBGYN (Dr. Terry) had left, and got her as the replacement. She was as nice, thorough and personable as any Dr could be. I followed up with her the following year, and it was like she was a totally different person. The complete opposite--made me feel very uncomfortable. She told me to completely undress right in front of her--gave me no sheet to cover with or anything (as ALL doctors normally do). She was then very condescending & rude, and totally rushed me out. I was in such shock after leaving--and was totally baffled by the entire experience. I was actually so upset, I was going to make a complaint, and wish that I had. Needless to say, I never went back, and wouldnt recommend anyone else does.

Dr. Lisa G Matthews is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brockton, MA.