Dr. Lisa Medvetz Is this you?

3.8

Great Surgeon

Excellent Surgeon. Natural instinct to know what needs to be done. Caring bedside manner.

doubts !

Why is she on staff at so many hospitals? How can she cover this wide of an area ? Have major doubts about her!

excellent dr. and person.

One of the best doctors I have ever had.

I read the other reviews and have to disagree. I was admitted to the hospital for emergency bariatric surgery while traveling out of town. I was led to believe by the admitting doctor and staff and agree that my condition was life threatening. The hospital paged Dr. Medvetz as she was leaving town for a family vacation. She dropped what she was doing and rushed to the hospital. As soon as she arrived she came to my bedside to check on me, explain the situation and treatment needed. I have no idea how she was able to familiarize herself with the details of my case and travel to the hospital so quickly. I can only surmise that she was in communication with the hospital staff on her way there. Contrary to the one reviewer's comments, she took her time to fully explain everything so I was able to understand it, answer all the questions I had and did not leave my side until she had removed my fears. While I was a patient in the hospital, she came to check on me several times and again spent as much time as I required to inform and comfort me. She never acted rushed and we always had a small chat. She was very nice and her concern was obvious. I also have some problems with the second reviewer's comments. I had a very heated and emotional argument with a hospital staff nurse. When Dr. Medvetz came to see me the next day she inquired about the incident and took it upon herself to reassure and apologize to me for the nurse's behavior. She certainly was not responsible but cares about her patients. Lastly, any person seeking weight loss treatment is required to have a very short psychiatric examination. While it is elective surgery. It is major surgery and should not be performed without some confidence in the successful completion of the diet by the patient. Excess weight carries emotional baggage. The patient will undergo a lot of emotion dealing with the minor successes and failures that occur during any diet program, not to mention changes in body perceptions. Any doctor who does not require a psychiatric work up is questionable.

I loved her

She actually performed two procedures on me. One minor removal of cyst on neck and one major repair of femoral hernia. I have no complaints whatsoever. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Medvitz to anyone. If you are looking for a doctor to sit and chat with you, she is not the one.

Make sure you check out several doctors and make an informed choice.

The staff were uncaring and rude.Every interaction that I had with their scheduler made me feel like I had done something wrong. The individual was defensive, argumentative and rude. I reported this individual to the office manager who told me she had received similar complaints in the past. The office manager was supportive and nice. As a result of my inter action with the scheduler, Dr. Lisa Medvetz contacted my Psychiatrist and told him that due to my interaction with her staff, that I was not emotionally well enough to go through surgery....Interesting, I was not aware that Dr. Lisa Medvetz was a psychiatrist. She paged my Doc, indicating that it was an emergency (I work with psychiatric populations - trust me this issue did not warrant paging my psychiatrist indicating an emergency. Do not give any thought to having this Dr perform any procedure on you or anyone else that you care about. If she can't handle a minor interaction between a patient and one of her staff, how do you thing she will behave if she encounters a problem on the surgical table....Don't walk...RUN