Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lisa A Meils has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Lisa A Meils has the following 11 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Lisa A Meils has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lisa A Meils is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 18
went for a wart removal that had been previously treated by family dr. Was given a prescription for a compound that could only be picked up at one pharmacy that said no insurance covers it. $50 for prescription and a month later still has wart. Went for recheck in which 8 year old said he didn't want it frozen (as a scary looking tank was brought in room) and she conceded and said to come back in another month. She also examined my sons head and noted his birthmark which was left over hair dye from wacky hair day at school. Looked nothing like a birthmark. Also said another wart (confirmed by new dr) was a callous on side of sons foot. If she can't recognize conditions I am concerned about treatments she recommends. Spent less than 3 minutes with son and did nothing. Billed $150 for revisit. I would be leery to see this physician.
Been to the office a number of times with mostly pleasant experiences. Most recently, Dr. Meilsasked me if I wanted something for my mild acne (even though I was in for something else). She assured me that the product was "totally safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding" so I obliged and went to pick up the expensive prescriptions. My pharmacist said that one medicine she gave me was Category B and the other was Category C, and neither was worth the risks. I called to let the office know and the woman I spoke with was very rude, still pushing the medication.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Meils is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Lisa A Meils accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Care Today, 155 Rochdale Dr S Ste A, Rochester Hills, MI
Dr. Lisa A Meils is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester Hills, MI.