Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lisa Murphy
Dr. Lisa Murphy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Flint, MI, with other offices in Gilbert, AZ and El Centro, CA . She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Murphy is affiliated with Hurley Medical Center, GENESYS REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER and MCLAREN REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER. She speaks English.
Dr. Lisa Murphy has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
- Fetal Ultrasound
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
Dr. Murphy didn't bother to spend any time with me as a patient. I spent more time with her technician having my blood pressure taken. The doctor didn't ask me any questions other than if I had been to the ER since my last visit. All information was given to me in the form of copies of old textbooks. I would have been better off with WebMD as my physician. She never did a head-to-toe assessment. When I had labwork done, I had to call the office repeatedly to get the results. More than once, the office told me they didn't have (i.e., lost) my results and I was told to call the lab myself. Completely unprofessional. I wish I had realized sooner.
The office canceled on me twice then when I finally was able to come in I had to wait 3 + hours just to be seen! This isn't the first time either. When I was pregnant with my son I use to have to wait a long time to be seen for 5 minutes . Only gave her anther chance because she is so close to where I live . Never again will I go to her or recommend her to anyone.
Dr. Murphy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hurley Medical Center
Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center
Central Michigan Community Hospital
POH Medical Center
Genesys Regional Medical Center
27 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Wayne State University
Dr. Lisa Murphy accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa Murphy in this video.
Dr. Lisa Murphy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flint, MI.