Dr. Lisa Petersen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lisa Petersen?

Experience with Dr. Petersen

Posted on April 8th, 2014

My review is based on the experience I had while accompanying my female friend to Dr. Petersen's office for an appointment. As a man, I am not in need of her specialty but went with my friend as support. In short, I was less than impressed and at one point utterly infuriated. The support staff including medical assistants and nursing were fantastic. Positive attitude, pleasant greeting and very professional. They were a definite asset to the office. I wish the same could have been said about this provider. I witnessed personally her rude, condescending and abusive behavior toward staff including front desk, as well as medical. I was completely taken aback by the way in which she spoke to people. It was appalling to say the least. She spoke to the people there to assist her with making the day run smoothly the way she would not have spoken to a stranger on the street including snapping her fingers as if calling a dog or cutting people off in mid phone call or explanation. I am not sure where she learned this disgusting behavior or in what way she felt this was appropriate but as a medical provider myself I was emberassed for her, if she didn't have enough conscience to be emberassed for herself. I am suprised that anyone, no matter the pay or how badly a job was needed, would tolerate her horrendous treatment. I would also be concerned that at some point perhaps a staff member or patient will not, and behave as irrationally as she displayed that day. I questioned my friend after her appointment as to whether this was common practice and was told that yes, it was how she had behaved each time she had come to her appointments and that not only did she treat staff this way but was dismissive and rude, including yelling at patients. I informed my friend there was recourse for this behavior starting with transferring her care to a provider with some level of compassion and professionalism which my friend did not so long after. We also worked together to draft a letter which was sent to management, board and corporate compliance. We recieved confirmation of reciept as were assured this document would be filed in the provider's record. I don't doubt that Dr. Petersen is skilled and knowlegeable but after the display I witnessed myself and the report from my friend, there is NO way I would recommend her as a provider. As a "colleague" I am ashamed to say we share the same profession and she should be as well.

Posted on November 13th, 2012

She is a wonderful Doctor.

Posted on October 25th, 2017