Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa P Purdy has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Pituitary Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
Showing 5 of 24
I did not see Dr. Purdy but she was one of my best friend's daughter's doctors. I know my friend can't say enough good things about Dr. Purdy. She diagnosed her daughter when another doctor had failed and failed miserably. Due to this diagnosis, years were added onto to this wonderful person's life. Dr. Purdy gave this to her and because of this, I can not say enough good things about her. She is good, she is the best!
Dr. Purdy is an excellent endocrinologist. She is hard to get an appointment with, she is tough and may be doesn't have the best bedside manners, but she definitely knows what she is doing and she is really good at it. If you are looking for someone warm and fuzzy to make you feel good about your problems, she is not the one. But if you are looking for a knowledgeable doctor who you can trust with your treatment -- look no further.
Dr. Purdy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Lisa P Purdy accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Medical Group Skokie, 9977 Woods Dr, Skokie, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa P Purdy in this video.
Dr. Lisa P Purdy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Skokie, IL.