More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa D Rood has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr Rood has been our pedi doctor for 4 years now. My daughter has some health issues that are not easy to define. She has always fit us in. No matter how busy her office was . Last minute anytime because she knew the seriousness of my daughters illness. She is kind, caring, passionate about finding out what is ailing your child. My child and myself have not been easy patients she has taught me to be my child's voice and has worked hard with me a long the way. Her staff cares as much as she does and the communication between them is Wonderful. You will not regret taking your children to her practice.
Dr rood is absoliuty one of the best Dr in northern Ca, my daughter suddenly become very ill later to be diagnosed with a disease call HLH and to follow with a life saving bone marrow transplant. At the one of the dr rood coworker told us my daughter had the swine flu...Dr rood was out on vacation but when she was made aware of our sitution she immiedtly contacted me and had us come back to the office to reexam my daughter. She then like myself had a gut feeling this would no longer be a typical fever virus.and referred us out to a coworker of hers at John Muir walnut creek. Had it not been for Dr Rood paying attention and listening to me and not forming a judgment on me because of my own motherly. Gut instinct things may have turned out very differently. Our family greatly appreciates Dr Rood for her expertise, and believe her to be driven, passionate, caring, and highly recommended!
I would not recommend this pediatrician, because she is completely unable to orchestrate your child's care, when any issue other than a flu, cold or annual check up is needed! If your child has any health issues going on that she doesn't understand, instead of taking over the reigns, making the referrals that are needed and doing her job, she is curt, accusatory and rude in nature toward the parents of her patients! I regret not leaving this practice long ago, when she rudely took the side of her very friendly, but overworked staff, who had made a mistake as any overworked team would occassionally, with not refilling a prescription of anti-biotics that I needed for my daughter, while on vacation. That issue was resolved, but only by my backing down, when she bit my head off telling me that no one is allowed to tell her staff that they are wrong and have made a mistake, as I was quite upset that my daughter's infection was without anti-biotics for nearly 24 hrs., due to their mistake!!! She should have either apologized or had the person that made the mistake call me and work it out, but a bad attitude was all that i received. I have personally heard her demeaning her medical assistants when they haven't done something that she considered correct, so apparently she wants to be the only one to do that, but it's the way she goes about it, that's completely unacceptable. She is soooo unprofessional!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Lisa D Rood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn Muir Health, 2400 Balfour Rd Ste 229, Brentwood, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa D Rood in this video.
Dr. Lisa D Rood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brentwood, CA.