Dr. Lisa Rosof Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lisa Rosof?

In the end she let me down

Posted on September 17th, 2017

I saw Dr. Rosof for years and at the time I trusted her. I complained about sexual dysfunction for years to her and she repeatably pushed it off. I thought something was wrong with me, a healthy, active early 30 something that suffered from some anxiety. Long story short I eventually saw a new doctor and was taken off the SSRI and the SD was gone. I suffered for YEARS because she kept me on the SSRI. I asked repeatedly if there was anything else I could switch to and she provided no other options. After going to another doctor and seeing there were other options besides an SSRI I am no longer confident in Rosof's knowledge of medications. Why didnt she mention adding wellbutrin to help counter SD, why didnt she put me on a none SSRI? These things were so simple, and drastically improved my life. Not once were they mentioned while under her care! When I saw her I trusted her with my life and my marriage. In the end she was an expensive, out of pocket script writer who truly didn't care about my well being. If she cared she would have known the severe distress that came from being completely sexually numb and being in a relationship.

Posted on August 4th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Rosof for two years now. She does come across a little stern and she asks questions, why do you think that? why did you do that? But in my opinion, she isn't probing, she is merely gauging the situation, your feelings, your being. Her inquiry has helped me. I trust her and I feel stable and comfortable with her. I have had really bad experiences with other doctors that just write out scripts but not her. She will sit and talk with you the entire hour. I trust her. I have never waited for an appointment and she is prompt in following up. I would recommend her.

I will not see her again

Posted on July 9th, 2012

To me she was inappropriate. I have a hard time with therapists/ psychiatrists, and after a few good experiences and relocating I saw Dr. Rosof. Now I don't want to see anyone. I was there because of side effects, and she questioned me as to why I stayed on the medication (because my previous doctor told me to, DUH) and overall she was judgemental and overbearing in my opinion. She has definitely made me close up again about my problems. Thanks Dr. Rosof -_____-

Posted on September 8th, 2017