Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa M Sloat has the following 2 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I rarely write reviews, but I felt a need to write this one. I only hope that this review helps someone else in need receive the care and attention that I receive from Dr. Sloat. After only a few sessions with her, I feel so much better. I feel like she really knows me and she has helped me so much during this difficult stage in my life.
I have seen Dr. Sloat for the last month after going through a very difficult period and feeling shuffled around by several other doctors. I don't know about the people who left the bad reviews - I have had a fantastic experience with Dr. Sloat. She could tell that I was in crisis and got me in very quickly. She was caring and seems really smart. It is going to take a lot of work with her, but I'm confident for the first time in a long time that I'm on the right track and will get my life back! Thanks Dr. S!!
20 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Palmetto Health Alliance
Dr. Lisa M Sloat accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAngela Young-Min Kim-Lee Md, 5300 Dorsey Hall Dr Ste 203, Ellicott City, MD
Dr. Lisa M Sloat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ellicott City, MD.