More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa A Yamakawa has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Lisa A Yamakawa has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Lisa A Yamakawa has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lisa A Yamakawa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Believe the negative comments. The only times we have taken our boys to her were for sick visits. This is usually how you get to know the new doctor in the practice. Both times we had to go back to our regular pediatrician for correct diagnoses and treatment. She is very dismissive and has her mind made up when she walks through the door. We have taken the kids to an immediate care facility to avoid her. This isn't a personal attack.
I'm glad to read that others find her bedside manner dismissive and condescending, because for the longest time I've thought perhaps it was just me. She definitely takes an "I'm the expert" approach and, while taking time to listen to my perspective as a parent, she always finds a reason to dismiss my concerns. Unfortunately my kids really like her, they want a female doctor and she's the only woman in the practice, so I kind of feel stuck with her. :(
Diagnosed my son with something absurd because he had one symptom for it, even though the location was wrong and the other symptoms don't match. Horrible bedside manner and is definitely condescending. I have only had to deal with her a few times for sick visits and it makes me want to leave the practice even though I love my kids regular ped. Front desk staff have attitudes but the nurses are nice.
20 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Maryland
Dr. Lisa A Yamakawa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Medical Group Salisbury, 217 Phillip Morris Dr, Salisbury, MD
Dr. Lisa A Yamakawa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salisbury, MD.