Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa L Young has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Pregnancy Complications
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 25
Took my daughter as she has Hoshimoto's Thyroid Disease. Not very many Endo's in Ocala, FL. Was really hoping she could help. What a joke. She was distracted, started talking about the TV show "Biggest Loser" and how she had weight loss products and wanted to do tests that were not covered by our insurance. Basically pushing her own weight loss agenda instead of trying to help fix the thyroid problem with proper dose of thyroid medication.
Sent my 80 yr old mother to Dr. Young. She didn't seem to be interested in helping my Mom. She just sent her away and said see you in 6 months. Did not show any compassion or concern for her problem with her thyroid. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Young, so disappointed. I really wanted her to help my Mom since I live so far away.
Dr. Lisa L Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lisa L Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.