Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lise Schwarz-Lauer
Dr. Lise Schwarz-Lauer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Panorama City, CA. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Schwarz-Lauer is affiliated with Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Lise Schwarz-Lauer has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
was a patient of her's at Kaiser Permenente in Panarama City and was her patient for over 5 years. She knew all my complaints and I had a nodule that she was following since 2007 and she even preformed 2 biopsies that came back negative both times and the ultrasounds that were preformed every 6 months to watch the nodule was only comparing to the previous U/S and not the original. When I left Kaiser for blue shield and went to my new Endo he sent me for u/s and biopsy and it came back positive for Medullary Thyroid Cancer (a rare and incurable thyroid cancer). All she had to do was a simple blood test to detect this and I had 2 symptoms of this, flushing (very red Face/ neck and diaherrea). My surgeon, Endo and oncologist believe I had this cancer since then.
Dr. Schwarz-Lauer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Dr. Lise Schwarz-Lauer accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Panorama City Medical Center, 13652 Cantara St, Panorama City, CA
Dr. Lise Schwarz-Lauer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Panorama City, CA.