Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Liwanag Asuncion has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Asuncion is a good doctor. I was surprised to see a comment saying she is a "pill doctor'? I don't think so, she is very strict about this, esp. with pain pills. She would refer the patient to the pain doctor to manage this concern. She is very strict which is good. Her office staff in Lorain are awesome. They work with patients with compassion. Nobody is perfect but Dr. Asuncion is a very honest person. That for me is very important.
Dr. Asuncion is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Allen Medical Center
Community Health Partners, Lorain, Oh
Community Health Partners
Community Specialty Hospital of Lorain
Community Health Ptnrs West
Hospital for Orthopaedic & Specialty Service
Community Health Partners of OH-West
EMH Regional Medical Center
- University Of The Philippines
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Liwanag Asuncion accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMERCY HEALTH PHYSICIANS, 578 N Leavitt Rd, Amherst, OH
Dr. Liwanag Asuncion is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Amherst, OH.