Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Lloyd L Axelrod
Lloyd L Axelrod is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Lloyd L Axelrod has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Lloyd L Axelrod has the following 19 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Lipid Disorders
- Pancreatic Tumor (Islet Cell Adenoma)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Lloyd L Axelrod is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
Self-verified patient of Lloyd L Axelrod - Posted on September 24th, 2013
I have the highest regard for Dr. Axelrod. It is true getting an appointment can be difficult since he is a sought after doctor, but whenever I have had an emergency he has been quick to respond. I could not ask for a better doctor.
Lloyd L Axelrod accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMgh Diabetes Center, 50 Staniford St Ste 340, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Lloyd L Axelrod in Boston, MA, in this video.
Lloyd L Axelrod is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.