Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lloyd A Shabazz
Dr. Lloyd A Shabazz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portsmouth, VA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Shabazz is affiliated with Sentara Leigh Hospital and Maryview Medical Center. Dr. Shabazz has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Lloyd A Shabazz has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Brain Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Shabazz comes off very condescending. he does not take the time to explain to the patient what's going on in the body. The people in his office is childish and unprofessional someone called my mother and told her she had liver cancer before her biopsy after her biopsy she was told that she had pancreatic cancer, nothing was explain thereafter. As family members we ask questions but we got no answers. my mother became more ill and incoherent, Dr Shabazz his office call the house and only e with my mother who was experiencing dementia when we call back to receive information concerning the phone call or her cancer nothing was told to us. There is a time to respect ones privacy but at this time there is no privacy it's a family matter and we are her advocate. we receive information when she was admitted to the hospital and only then we got the information that her cancer had grown in the stage was it critical.
Never would go back to this Doctor! He totally misdiagnosed my husband with chronic kidney disease, made him an apppt for a red blood cell transfusion so my husband could keep his surgery date for a hip replacement. Got too sick to wait for that & went to ER who immediately did CT Scan only to find out that he has stage 4 colon cancer that had spread to his lymph nodes & liver!! Kidneys were fine!! Had he kept his hip replacement surgery he'd be dead!!
It is considered a very painful procedure with horror stories being told all over the internet. I only had a sedative before I went in and an injection of ladicane for numbing the site. I only felt one pain and I did no crying and only said a calm "ouch "one time. Dr Shabazz definately knows how to do a painless procedure. His nurse assistant stayed by me reassuring me the whole time. Both Dr and asst had a great beside manner. I have no pain or soreness from the procedure. Thank you, Dr Shabazz!
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Shabazz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Lloyd A Shabazz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDelta Oncology Associates Pc, 355 Crawford St Ste 300, Portsmouth, VA
Dr. Lloyd A Shabazz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portsmouth, VA.