Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lois J Mckinley has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lois J Mckinley has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Lois J Mckinley has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lois J Mckinley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. McKinley is no longer affliated with my insurance company since she moved in with a group of doctors in May, 2011, but when she was alone in her practice, there was very little waiting and she was an attentive doctor that had the answers I needed. Also, she didn't go overboard on prescriptions. Loved her!
Dr McKinley has one of the worst bedside manners I have ever encountered! She is cold, patronizing and incompetent. She seems to have difficulty with giving answers to very basic questions. She made a very flippant, insensitive comment about one of her former colleagues that happened to die from cancer. Steer clear of this women, she's a disgrace to the profession!
I was so disappointed by the treatment of this doctor. I only saw her a few times, but she ignored an abnormal EKG, saying she didn't think it was anything. After subsequent follow up with a cardiologist, it was discovered that it was a serious cardiac problem. This doctor said she could size people up by looking at them the first time. I don't know what that is - bias? Psychic powers? Laziness? What it isn't is good medicine.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1980
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLois J Mckinley Md, 3644 Holmes St, Kansas City, MO
Dr. Lois J Mckinley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.