Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lois A Nelson
Dr. Lois A Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Toledo, OH, with another office in Toledo, OH. She has 45 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with St Lukes Hospital and Flower Hospital. Dr. Nelson has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Lois A Nelson has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
Takes excellent care of my daughter and I, especially when when our asthma is excellerating, she really knows how to get us back to being healthy. Sometimes long wait times in the waiting room, but she is worth it. I never feel like she is rushed, takes alot of time with us and really does a complete exam.
I bring all my children to Dr. Nelson. Who after 4 years not knowing why my daughter cried and had problems and was a very colic baby several doctors later she was diagnosed with serious food allergies. She is doing much better now that we know and treat her accordingly. The staff are very nice and helpful and they all seem to do great with the kids in the office. They also seem to get along well with each other. The blonde nurse who did the patient teaching was very helpful and knowledgeable. The timing isn't the best but all the girls apologized for that but you get what you wait for which is kindness courtesy and best of all answers. I would recommend this office ten times over.
dr.nelson has helped my son out so much. i am thankful for her and we pray for her and her family every night! although her one specific nurse is very unorganized, unprofessional and has no clue what she is doing all the time. the younger nurses and front desk ladies are EXELENT! i would recomend dr.nelson to anybody!!! love her and the ladies!
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
University Of Chicago
Dr. Lois A Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lois A Nelson in this video.
Dr. Lois A Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.