Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lois J Teston
Dr. Lois J Teston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beachwood, OH. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Teston is affiliated with Tripoint Medical Center, Uh Cleveland Medical Center and University Of Cincinnati Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Lois J Teston has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Breast Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Thoracic Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 8
I first met Dr. Teston in 2005 for treatment for metastatic breast cancer. From our initial visit she has been very accessible and encouraged my involvement in treatment choices. My diagnosis we not a very hopeful one, however, it has now been 8 years and I am still going. I credit Dr. Teston's approach to treatment and our dialogues to this success. She transferred from one treatment center to another one a county away and I was more than willing to follow her there. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to play an active role in their own treatment.
Good news: Acts like she's listening, always cordial, does not rush office visit.Bad news: Tends to use good bedside manner to overcompensate for lack of knowledge, fond of saying, "I don't know", lazy in investigating patient's other possible health issues, refuses to give medical advice, has made unprofessional comments about another medical professional at a competing facility, has even violated HIPAA law. Overall rating of doctor-mediocre.
Dr. Teston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Lois J Teston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSeidman Cancer Center, 3909 Orange Pl Ste 1100, Beachwood, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lois J Teston in this video.
Dr. Lois J Teston is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Beachwood, OH.