Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lonzetta L Newman
Dr. Lonzetta L Newman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Newman is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. Dr. Newman has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Lonzetta L Newman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lonzetta L Newman has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Lonzetta L Newman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I have seen Dr Newman for a number of years. She and I have a good patient Dr relationship. I always feel like I am important to her. She remembers me from one appointment to the next. My last check up she made observation that she thought my face was a little slimmer from the last time she saw me. Unless I have any problems I see her once a year. Any concerns I can get in very quickly.
Dr. Newman has a "one size fits all" attitude about cancer care, and does not entertain any other options. My informed questions were laughed at and were not answered. I was simply told that it would take too long to search the literature to find the answer to the question. Although very educated, I was made to feel very dumb. I would not recommend her to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Newman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Lonzetta L Newman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMd Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lonzetta L Newman in this video.
Dr. Lonzetta L Newman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.