Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lord Lee-Benner has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Lord Lee-Benner has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Lord Lee-Benner has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lord Lee-Benner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
WOW...I was fortunate to see Dr. Lee-Benner a couple times while he was filling in for a colleague even though he is retired. He is truly caring and spent quite a bit of time with me on those couple of visits before my regular physician came back. I regret not seeing him sooner, but never knew he existed. I've been dealing with fatigue and loads of other hellish symptoms for 5 years and was constantly told that it was "in my head" by other physicians. After seeing him, I feel amazing--all this after a couple visits. I feel so blessed and am very thankful that my path crossed his. P.S. After medical school, he spent 9 more years of postgraduate studies at U Penn and is an expert in many areas. Genius!
Excellent doctor. very knowledgeable. Caring and courteous. I was impressed how dedicated he was to getting to the bottom of my problem, and helping me obtain the results I wanted to achieve. My case was complicated, but he took the time and effort to solve it for me. This did not happen overnight. It took careful testing and follow-up to come to the right conclusions. I had been to Mayo and Scripps without benefit. He kept working with me and modifying my care investing the time and effort until he made sure I was completely satisfied. All doctors should be like him.
Dr. Lee-Benner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Newport Bay Hospital
47 Years Experience
University of South Carolina
Graduated in 1966
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lord Lee-Benner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.