Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Loren B Frankel has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I could go on and on. 1. no apology for tardiness 2. did not look at me while introducing herself, or when shaking her dead fish hand 3.did not listen to my heart or lungs 4. did not ask if i had any questions 5.did not know what hormone therapy i asked her about 6.did not say when the pap smear results would be ready 7.asked about vitamins i might be on but didn't ask for names of them 8.she stunk of coffee and cigarettes 9. did not prescribe the correct medication dosage although i mentioned my concerns to her 10. did not follow up with results of pap smear 11.did not follow up with tests from urine sample 12. rushed through the exam
She is supposed to be an expert in bioidentical hormones and she asked me what hormones I wanted to use. Shouldn't she know? I asked her if she had ever taken them and she said no. I felt like she was trying to push the novasure on me for heavy periods even though that it not what I was in there for.
Dr. Frankel is the BEST OB/GYN Doctor I have ever seen. Very caring & compassionate. Up to date on the latest procedures for womens needs. She did the Nova Sure procedure on me and it changed my life. She is very informative and knowledgeable about HRT creams! She has helped me have a healthier lifestyle and I'm sure she can help you too!
I was in my early stages of pregnancy and started to have complications. When i became concerned, I called her for an appointment. She told me I was probably starting to miscarry which was probably for the best. No words of comfort or any show of concern. She never even called to follow up with me. I immediately changed to another GYN.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2008, 2011, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
24 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1994
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Loren B Frankel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLoren Beth Frankel Md, 1300 Hospital Dr Ste 380, Mount Pleasant, SC
Dr. Loren B Frankel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Pleasant, SC.