Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Loren E Mccoy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Loren E Mccoy has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Hospice Care
- Palliative Care
Showing 5 of 17
You apply for an acceptance over the phone for a new patient...then he looks at your medications and decides if he wants you as his patient. My son who is 35 and special needs...minor but has a va shunt ...was declined...no explanation was given when I asked why? No answer.. When you have a son that has fought such a hard fight to live and was declined from this Dr, for reasons I do not know..my sons insurance was excepted at his practice. Maybe he just likes to treat colds...not recommended
Dr. Mccoy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Loren E Mccoy accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAvalon Medical Center Pc, 2400 Avalon Ave Ste C, Muscle Shoals, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Loren E Mccoy in this video.
Dr. Loren E Mccoy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Muscle Shoals, AL.