Dr. Lorena Benavides Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lorena Benavides?

Posted on May 4th, 2016

Dr. Benavides is an excellent physician. She is very thorough in her patient care, always remembers me, and provides helpful lifestyle choices.

Posted on March 3rd, 2016

She is very patience , kind and concerned about her patients. She is wonderful to me.

Posted on October 6th, 2015

The office staff makes too many mistakes, they do not follow up on phone calls, wait time is between 35-45 min. Everyone is too busy. I will not return. I have found another doctor.

Professional and accommodating

Posted on September 11th, 2015

great Dr if you can get past her inept office staff to actually see her!!!

Posted on April 28th, 2015

rude, unorganized and unprofessional office staff

Posted on February 19th, 2015

Thorough and intelligent observations and tender understanding when it is needed. She is a marvelous doctor and I am thankful to have her

Wonderful physician!!

Posted on November 3rd, 2014

Competent, Caring, Thorough

Posted on October 23rd, 2014

I've seen various OBGYNs throughout my life as I have multiple genetic issues since onset of menses. Thank heaven for Dr. Benavides. She takes the time to listen to my concerns, respond to what I've actually said (not simply wait for silence to say whatever she thinks - like so many other MDs) and make a thorough plan. After seeing her for years she felt that I needed a more expertise referral and volunteered that - in her own field of practice. For too long I've seen MDs who can't be willing to pass along a problem that they don't have the tools to treat and keep me dangling. Thankful for both her expertise and her connections to other doctors who can get me the help I need. Excellent bedside manner as well - she will make you feel like you are a friend without crossing the patient-doctor professional barrier. Very balanced. There is one (only one) nurse in the office who seems very unenthusiastic about her job, the patients, life in general... always has a grim face and gruff responses. If you can overlook one office personnel with some flaws, you will have a great experience here.

Not a Good Choice!

Posted on April 3rd, 2012

Had a number of significant blood tests drawn and her nurse called me back. I had a lot of questions, the nurse could not answer them, and I asked that Dr. Benevides please call me back herself. Was told something like, "We don't do that. You'll have to come in for an office visit". Had to pay for an office visit to FINALLY get simple explanations for my lab results. When I gently complained about her simply not calling me back, she had her excuses (e.g., "I can't practice medicine over the phone..."). I believe she's competent, but I don't approve of the way she reuns her husiness.

Posted on July 20th, 2011

Dr. Benavides is well informed, courteous, empathetic, and has an excellent bedside manner. She answered all my questions and offered an excellent plan of care for my illness.

do NOT go to this doctor - - she is terrible!

Posted on June 20th, 2011

dr. benavides is such an incompetent doctor that she tried to tell me i had gone through menopause and the only reason i was still bleeding is because i was on the pill. that is almost a direct quote from her almost two years ago. please note the level of sensitivity that she gave me. her nurse was just as sensitive. i went off the pill 1.5 years ago. i am still ovulating and having my period. even i knew that what i am not doing is seeing doctor benavides as a patient. i knew that i hadn't gone through it yet, and wasn't age appropriate to be doing so. it is sad that i know about this than she did. do not go to her...she is terrible!!!

Choose another gynecologist

Posted on September 6th, 2009

Have never felt like she was thorough and she has never given detailed explanations to answer questions. Recently had blood work done. Nurse called me with bad news. When I questioned it, she was rude to me. I asked for the doctor to call me back to explain my lab report. Nurse called back and left insensitive msg. on my voice mail. Has been two weeks, and Dr. B still has not called me back. Paid to get report. Have taken report to another gynecologist who was happy to explain what everything meant and begin a working plan for my health. Will never go back to her and would recommend that you stay away.