Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lorenzo O Aguilar Jr
Dr. Lorenzo O Aguilar Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Modesto, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Aguilar is affiliated with Doctors Medical Center and Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Aguilar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Lorenzo O Aguilar Jr has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 45
This doctor is horrible with communication!!! He doesn't remember anything about me. I have been going to him for almost 4yrs. I have been with other neurologist and this guy doesn't help me feel any better when I leave! I don't think he even reads my chart! He never looks at me, scrolls down my chart for a sec,then looks up,almost as if looking at the wall next to me, and says"don't drink don't do drugs".... I don't do either and haven't for 13+years!!! He does this every visit! Checks my vns , never looking at me! Sends me on my way. This doctor has made me get ready to drive 2 hours to see my old neuro! At least I felt carried for and like they were interested in what was I feeling, how things are going for me! He's not an efficient doctor! I feel like I could get lost in his paperwork, and start having grandmal seizures again! I'm scared he doesn't pay attention to what I say. Cuts me off,talks like I'm not saying anything!
I recently quit my job with Dr. Aguilar after almost 5 years of loyalty to him and his office. I regret to inform established patients and future patients that if you see this Dr. There is a big chance your care is being delayed. Whether it's a referral that you are waiting on from his office or your visit notes are not making it back to your primary care physicians. The truth is that he has over 1500 incomplete records, myself and several other past employees have attempted to get him on point with quality care. But we can only do so much, I have personally witnessed Dr. Aguilar lie to patients regarding diagnostic procedures that he had either lost or simply did not review. I am pleading with anyone who sees him to make any attempt to get a copy of your records and ensure he is taking your care seriously.
I suffered a head injury and was referred to see Dr Aguilar by my orthopedist. I was very impressed with the courtesy of the office staff AND how they were able to get me in to be seen quickly and efficiently. They were concerned, considerate and helpful. Dr Aguilar was wonderful. He spent time explaining my condition and was very informative as to how my recovery would progress. I would highly recommend Dr Aguilar and staff for anyone experiencing neurological difficulties.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Aguilar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines
Graduated in 1982
University Of Arizona
Dr. Lorenzo O Aguilar Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsLorenzo Obedoza Aguilar Jr Md, 803 Coffee Rd Ste 1, Modesto, CA
Dr. Lorenzo O Aguilar Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.