Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lorenzo Lorente has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Lorenzo Lorente has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Electromyography (EMG)
Dr. Lorenzo Lorente has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
First of all I was very hesitant in going because of some of the reviews. But this was the only place I could be seen soon for my horrible migranes. They scheduled me quickly and got my hospital records before I went to see the doctor. The front desk girl was very helpful and patient and since I needed a prior authorization for my medication the office manager was able to get it approved. I know it was a hassle, especially because I was a new patient. But she was patient and very helpful.
No wait time, attentive and accurate diagnosis! I have gone to so many doctors that could not find was what wrong with me. He gave me medicine for my seizures (something I had yet to get) and I am so happy! I came from Florida and had yet to find a neurologist that could find what was wrong with me since I was having seizures at night and really didn't know what was going on with me. The office manager assured me that she would get the orders going so that I could do my MRI ASAP. The girl at the front desk called me with the number to the facility and got my test done the next day! Then the doctor called me with the results and gave me my medication that makes me feel very good now! To think, if I'd never gone, I would've never know what was going on with me!
50 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. Lorenzo Lorente accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lorenzo Lorente is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.