Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Lori L Altshuler
Lori L Altshuler is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. Her specialties include Psychiatry. She speaks English.
200 Ucla Medical Plz
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Book Online Now
Lori L Altshuler has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Lori L Altshuler has the following 6 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
Lori L Altshuler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Lori L Altshuler - Posted on May 9th, 2012
Lori L Altshuler Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Lori L Altshuler's office for more information.
200 Ucla Medical Plz Los Angeles, CA 90095
More about Lori L Altshuler
Dr. Altshuler is a Professor-in-Residence in the UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences and holds the Julia S. Gouw Endowed Chair for Mood Disorders. She received her bachelor and M.D. degrees from Cornell and completed a two-year fellowship at the Biological Psychiatry Branch of the NIMH. In 1989 she was appointed assistant clinical professor at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and in her first year on faculty received the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital Junior Faculty Distinguished Teaching Award. She has been an active teacher and mentor, and has been the recipient of numerous awards including, in 1994 and again in 2004, the UCLA Department of Psychiatry Outstanding Research Mentor Award. In 2006 she received the Gerald L. Klerman Distinguished Investigator Award from the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, and the National Nola Maddox Falcone Prize from NARSAD for Outstanding Achievement in Affective Disorders Research.
Locations & Directions200 Ucla Medical Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Lori L Altshuler - Psychiatry in Los Angeles, CA, in this video.
Lori L Altshuler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.