The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lori S Benjes has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Lori S Benjes has the following 5 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
Showing 5 of 5
Dr Bejes allocates 15min for her appointment. That is very little! I came to see her about acne. After waiting for 45min, nurse took me in for the appointment. What is amazing? She did not bother to look at my skin (literally, she did not look at my skin). She spent the entire 15min of our time asking me about what I used for my skin when i was a teenager (what's the relevance?!), then she asked standard questions such as habits (alcohol, sweets, etc), and my monthly cycle, etc etc - standard. At this point she did not even look at my face! I asked her if she is going to and her response was - well for acne i prescribe antibiotics. she did not even examine my skin to see what is happening on my face vs my back. I said that i do not want to take antibiotic and guess what? She said, well it will not resolve your black heads issue, just those bumps (like 2?) and then she added, you case is very mild so maybe try washing your face with Benzoid peroxide. Seriously? she did not examine my face to see what issue i have! and her fist reaction was to give me antibiotic? so she can get paid by pharma? instead of actually solving my issue? outrages. I am sure she is an accomplished specialist, I do not doubt her credentials, however, she did not examine my skin that day to diagnose issues (if any). Frankly, even the nurse was sympathetic... hate to speculate, but maybe Dr had some personal stuff on her mind that day. I don't know. point is - based on her education I know she is very well education on the subject of dermatology and skin. However, she does not have compassion. Fine, no compassion - at least take your time to give proper diagnosis, which she didn't give either.
I saw Dr. Benjes for some routine dermatology exams. She was caring and well prepared. She recommended that I go to another doctor to get a mole removed on my nose, saying that he had more experience and she wanted me to have the best care. That scores high marks in my book. She even called me twice to talk about my care options. I would certainly recommend her to anyone.
24 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1994
Boston University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsStillman Infirmary Harvard University, 75 Mount Auburn St, Cambridge, MA
Dr. Lori S Benjes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cambridge, MA.