Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lori D Book has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lori D Book has the following 12 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Showing 5 of 89
I have been a client/patient of Dr. Book for nearly 10 years. And even though she is thorough, at times a bit arrogant, but overall professional and competent, for convenience reasons, I have endured the unfriendly, unprofessional & misplaced arrogance of her office staff. After most visits I vow to take the time to find another endocrinologist & then I don't due to time constraints. I do not understand how such a capable physician is blind to the poor customer service provided by her front office staff.
It was awful experience. She was an hour late (first appointment after lunch), she was rude, she verbally attacked me, would not listen to my history and stated none of my past Drs. information was needed because she was the best. I would rather pay cash to go to my original Endo rather than insurance paid appointments with Book. Staff was rude and it took forever to get the appointment because phone calls were not returned in a timely manner. Can I give this Dr. zero stars?
Dr. Book is very thorough and reviews your portfolio like no other doctor I know. She even sends you home with updated instructions to follow. She takes your questions, spends time to answer them and makes sure you know how your health is progressing. She is honest about areas that need improvement which may be a bit difficult to swallow but ultimately helps you as a patient. Making appointments earlier in the day helps with scheduling.
20 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Lori D Book accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFront Range Endocrinology, 1625 Medical Center Pt Ste 220, Colorado Springs, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lori D Book in this video.
Dr. Lori D Book is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.