Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lori L Gallaher has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lori L Gallaher has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Lori L Gallaher has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
My husband and I have been patients of lori Gallaher for at least 5 years. I guess we are slow learners.....she took me off my hormone (had to go back to my OBGYN) to get straightened out, she scared us to death when she said we had lupus (sent to a specialist to find out we didn't) said I was on meth when my urine test had a glitch (she sent if off for testing to find out it was negative) she said my husband had prostate cancer (sent to a specialist to find out he does not) Her nurse Amber is rude, extremely bossy and makes you feel beneath her. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor.
Just don't get on the bad side of her nurse. Nurse Amber will talk to you very curtly, barking out orders/questions to you. Thankfully, all she does is check your blood pressure, temp., and weight. The receptionist was very friendly. Dr Gallaher is a very kind Doctor and very knowledgable, but I won't go back.
Very uncaring in diagnosis with no follow-up information. Had my information confused with other patients at times, prescribed meds that made me sick with no follow up. Uncaring tech/staff make follow-up phone calls for alarming results from tests run with no explanation or advice as to how to proceed. Will start from scratch and not return to her office.
Paid to get told I had mild G.A.D., which I already knew. Gave me some Lexipro (very low dosage), and I had VERY negative results with it. Woke with night panic... teeth pain and grinding... racing thoughts and negativity. In office, was given an amount to pay. I asked "Is this all I have to pay" (granted I didn't have insurance coverage.. so it should have been my total cost). I was told "Yes, that's it." Now, 3 months later, I receive a bill for an amount almost the same as what I already paid. So basically I had to give a leg to find out something I already knew and receive samples of the "new thing out there" that didn't even perform.
19 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Lori L Gallaher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lori L Gallaher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pineville, LA.