Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lori Gerard
Dr. Lori Gerard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Englewood, CO. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gerard is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center, Rose Medical Center and Porter Adventist Hospital. Dr. Gerard has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Lori Gerard has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lori Gerard has the following 8 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Cancer
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Lori Gerard has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lori Gerard is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Very friendly and knowledgeable. Great doctor!
Dr. Gerard is wonderful. She always takes time to listen to you and her knowledge is what every doc should aspire to. I have seen Dr. Gerard for many years for my Type 1 diabetes and have always had the best of care. The staff is also wonderful and knowledgable. Would highly recommend Dr. Gerard and her staff :)
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gerard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish Medical Center
Rose Medical Center
Porter Adventist Hospital
Avista Adventist Hospital
Longmont United Hospital
University of Colorado Hospital
Denver Health Main Campus
Boulder Community Health
Littleton Adventist Hospital
Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital
Sky Ridge Medical Center
13 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Lori Gerard accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsDenver Endocrinology Diabetes & Thyroid Center, 601 E Hampden Ave, Englewood, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lori Gerard in this video.
Dr. Lori Gerard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Englewood, CO.