Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lori A Hansen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Lori A Hansen has the following 7 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Dr. Lori A Hansen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 3
I recently was hospitalized for respitory failure, one of the drs that came in was lori hanson, she made a big deal out of how important it was that i come and see her in her office. ( knowing i am waiting for disability to start ) when i show up for the appointment I did not have fifty dollars and they won't bill me so she refused to see me. So i can only surmise she only cares about the $ Not the patiants
34 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Lori A Hansen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lori A Hansen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yankton, SD.