Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lori M Hemmelgarn
Dr. Lori M Hemmelgarn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH, with another office in Lexington, KY. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Hemmelgarn is affiliated with Miami Valley Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Lori M Hemmelgarn has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Lori M Hemmelgarn has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
Dr. Lori M Hemmelgarn has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lori M Hemmelgarn is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Bad bedside manner. Not sensitive to mothers with losses and appears bothered with after hour calls. Discourages patients from calling the on-call doctor and threatens them the on-call doctor would operate based on lack of patient history. Not knowledgeable about prescribed drugs and tells patient to read the pharmacy slip. Nurses take a long time to respond to phone messages.
Dr. Hemmelgarn has the worst bedside manners that I have ever seen. She doesn't listen when you try to tell her things & interupts you. She is very rude & doesn't treat her staff with respect either. If she is having a bad day then she takes it out on the staff or her patients. I haven't heard very good things from other people that have seen her too. Dr Hemmelgarns nurse is not friendly either & NEVER returns your calls.
Bottom line: I was told I asked too many questions. Are you kidding me?Dr H will explain things to you bluntly and in depth. She'll also talk right over you and isn't the most compassionate. The office staff is caring but didn't follow up as they promised they would. The receptionist is somewhat inept in scheduling appointments, including ensuring the doctor is actually there. Yes, really - I drove ten miles out of my way only to have to do it again the next day when the doctor was in the office. I argued with the receptionist every time I called about the details of visits, including what medication I was on and my name. I was told that a rarer side effect to a medication was not due to the medication, but received no coherent explanation of what it might be instead (my current doctor confirmed that it was indeed a side effect). When I pushed the issue, I was first told that it might be the flu, even though I was very clearly not ill with any flu symptoms. Then I was told that I asked too many questions. At that point, I cancelled all future appointments.
Dr. Hemmelgarn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lori M Hemmelgarn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.