Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lori Kam
Dr. Lori Kam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kam is affiliated with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Encino Hospital Medical Center and Providence Tarzana Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Lori Kam has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
This doctor is terrific. Aside from 2 colonoscopies I've had she spent 30 minutes working with me as we went over a variety of scenarios to figure out what was causing an issue I was experiencing. Just recently I thought I might need to see her but she was booked tht day so she called and solved the problem over the phone. I highly recommend her.
Dr. Kam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Encino Hospital Medical Center
Providence Tarzana Medical Center
Little Company of Mary Hospital
28 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Ucla Medical Center
Locations & DirectionsLori Yep Kam MD, 2027 Kerwood Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Lori Kam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.