Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lori B Schaen has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Contact Dermatitis
- Actinic Keratosis
- Atopic Dermatitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I have visited the office three time and thus, far have never seen Dr. Schaen. I hope she is as awesome as her reputation, but some patients will never know. I do plan to find a different Dermatologist as I haven't seen the awesome service and great results I have read about. Thank you for my annual mole check though.
Being in the medical industry, I am very particular about the doctors I choose to use. Dr. Schaen is absolutely wonderful. She is very thorough, knowledgeable and kind. She took time to answer all my questions and concerns. Her staff is very friendly as well! I will be referring her to my friends and family.
Dr. Schaen is the best dermatologist I have ever seen. I wish I had found her 15+ years ago. I would have saved so much time and frustration. I was referred to Dr. Schaen and made the 1 1/2 hour drive because she was honestly my last resort. When I arrived, I was greeted by a friendly staff who took me straight back to my room. Dr. Schaen came in she spent a lot of time explaining my condition, the treatment options and realistic expectations. I left there with the biggest smile on my face. For the first time in my life I felt like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Dr. Schaen (and her P.A. Juliena Gigon) has been a Godsend to me. My skin has improved dramatically and I couldn't be happier.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2008, 2010, 2009, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
21 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Childrens Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Lori B Schaen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDunwoody Dermatology, 4360 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd Ste 260, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lori B Schaen in this video.
Dr. Lori B Schaen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.