More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lori B Taylor MD
Dr. Lori B Taylor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Encinitas, CA, with other offices in Del Mar, CA and Simi Valley, CA (and 1 other location). She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Taylor is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla, Palomar Medical Center Poway and Tri City Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Lori B Taylor has 4 locations
1130 2nd St
Encinitas, CA 92024
4100 Guardian St Ste 205
Simi Valley, CA 93063
12845 Pointe Del Mar Way Ste 200
Del Mar, CA 92014
Book Online Now
Dr. Lori B Taylor has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Lori B Taylor has the following 7 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Lori B Taylor is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lori B Taylor - Posted on January 3rd, 2012
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Taylor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Cebu Institute Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Lori B Taylor Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Lori B Taylor
Lori Taylor grew up in Pennsylvania and Northern California, and completed her undergraduate education at USC (go Trojans!). She moved to San Diego to attend medical school at UCSD, and at once fell in love with both the Southern California climate and her husband Ken, a fellow medical student. She remained in San Diego to complete her pediatric residency, and has practiced pediatrics in the area ever since. Lori was a faculty member at UCSD for nearly 10 years, during which time she pursued research interests in multi-cultural medicine and early childhood education. She then spent several years providing pediatric care to families in North San Diego County, working with a large pediatric group. San Diego Magazine recognized Lori as a %u201CTop Doctor%u201D in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2010. In 2010, Lori moved with her family to New Zealand where her husband worked as a physician. After having quite an adventure, the Taylor family returned to San Diego in 2011 ready for change. For Lori, this meant creating the type of pediatric practice that would allow her to take the time to really get to know each child and family. Now, with Coast Pediatrics Del Mar, she is thrilled to once again partner with parents to support a healthy and active lifestyle for babies, children and teens. Lori lives in Solana Beach with her husband Ken, who is Director of the Sports Medicine program at UCSD, her two sons Griffin and Gavin, and their black labrador retriever. In her free time she enjoys attending her boys%u2019 myriad sporting events, reading, yoga, traveling and trying not to fall off of her stand-up paddleboard.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lori B Taylor, MD - Pediatrics in Encinitas, CA, in this video.
Dr. Lori B Taylor is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.