Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lori A Zimmers has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lori A Zimmers has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Lori A Zimmers has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 32
I've seen quite a few Drs, all who were just fine, but Dr. Zimmers was truly awful. She didn't listen to me or review my med history, so when she ordered blood work, she had to add additional tests after the fact...twice! Her follow up on the results which were abnormal was pretty much non existent. Needless to say, I had to see another dr who actually wanted to work to keep people healthy. If you care about your health, I would not see this dr!
Dr. Zimmers is very good. She cuts to the chase which I really like. Dr. Zimmers has always listened to me, and takes what I tell her seriously. I was a caregiver for a family friend for 7 years who had dementia, and Dr. Zimmers was his doctor as well. She was so kind to him, and as he declined over the years, her gentleness towards me in helping with his care was stellar. The Hospice nurses told me that they had never seen anyone who had better care than this gentleman. All I did was what Dr. Zimmers told me to do. I am very grateful for doctors like Dr. Zimmers.
I have been going to Dr Zimmers for years. She has always been short/abrupt in our appointments so I always opt to see her PA Kimberly if I can. However I just had a visit with dr Zimmers because she was available (the first I had seen her in a year or so). She was so short and condesending that I decided I am done seeing her. She made me feel like I was wasting her time. She told me in an annoyed tone that I should have gone to my gyn instead. Isn't she (my GP) supposed to be my first stop when my symptoms are non-specifically gyn related? So now Looking for a new Dr - maybe will try someone else in the practice before I leave that group all together.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
29 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Dr. Lori A Zimmers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGreater Valley Medicine, 2900 Foxfield Rd Ste 307, Saint Charles, IL
Dr. Lori A Zimmers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Charles, IL.