Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lorianne E Avino has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Lorianne E Avino has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Lorianne E Avino has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 31
Dr, Avino is intemperate, very unprofessional, and frequently contradicts herself--then blames it on the content of her computer records. She has shown herself unable to reconcile errors in her medical records. This, despite her having been shown the same errors in previous visits. She has stated that these errors are not important , since she knows the "real facts".
When I started having different symptoms this spring, Dr Avino ignored them, did not advise me to seek out my primary instead of her. When I finally got her to talk to me about what I was dealing with, she got defensive, snotty, and said she could do no more for me. In a year, she did no testing other than order one MRI. Barely discussed my MRI even though another neuro I just saw said it looked like mild dementia. She gave me two different medications, mind you this is over a years time, with no results. She did not adjust the dosage or discuss options to treat me. When I finally became frustrated enough, she pulled in her office manager manager in to observe. She barely examined me or did any other neuro tests, than to look at my eyes, squeeze hands, press on my knees. I was told I wasn't in pain, that she could do no more for me, and that it was just conversion disorder. Don't waste a year like I did!
17 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Lorianne E Avino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lorianne E Avino is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Orchard Park, NY.