2.0

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lorianne E Avino?

Patient

I saw Dr. Avino for my migraines and she took the time to take my history and put me on the approriate medications. She was sincere and I recommend her to anyone as a neurologist.

2nd visit with Dr Avino

we came to her following the closing of my wife's prior neurologist practice. She spent a total of 3min and 37 seconds with my wife and me. We asked how she evaluated my wife's condition and functioning, as it was counter to all other physicians my wife has seen. She told us she could not discuss it. She also would not provide details. She would not review other doctors notes or discuss their findings. She does not believe in the therapies that were actually helping my wife. Since her taking my wife's case, my wife has suffered more migraines and has had more bad days than good. We speak more with their portal than people. They tend to push drugs rather than therapy.

Save yourself, Do not go to her

Unprofessionalism, rude, condescending, patronizing, non compassionate, no care at all, no patience at all for patient, no patience for children that have to come with patients because of inability to get a sitter, loses patience with children and yells at the patient and children, causes acute pain during injections that causes patients to cringe and tense up which is absolutely natural for someone who is in pain to do then she has the audacity to tell the patients to relax. A person who is experiencing pain that someone is causing them is NOT going to relax. She injected the injections so slowly...meaning she stuck the needle in each and every time so slowly and injected the meds so slowly its as if she was deliberately trying to cause me pain like she enjoys it in some sick way and caused bleeding in multiple places from her injections that never happened anywhere near as badly when the other Dr did the injections the first time. The receptionist is rude as can be as well. No apologies received from Dr. Avino nor the receptionist. Not even when I was in absolute tears from the pain Dr. Avino caused me. Stay away and go somewhere else.

Rude

This is a very bad doctor. She did not even examine me before prescribing drugs. She did not care what I was trying to tell her about my condition. She was in a big hurry and was rude about it. Not a nice person. I did not fill the prescription. Instead I went back to my referring physician and asked for a real MD. She is a DO and has never been to medical school. Yet she’s practicing neurology?! She has left or told to leave orchard park and is now at invision health. Had I known all that I would not have wasted my time and copay money.

POOR !!!

Horrible - Doesn't care about the patent

Observed (UN)PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT

Dr, Avino is intemperate, very unprofessional, and frequently contradicts herself--then blames it on the content of her computer records. She has shown herself unable to reconcile errors in her medical records. This, despite her having been shown the same errors in previous visits. She has stated that these errors are not important , since she knows the "real facts".

will not return as patient

Very poor staff. Had several issues with trying to reach them when a script was necessary. Had an error for a written script. Glad I caught it. Long wait time.

This Dr is one to stay clear of.

When I started having different symptoms this spring, Dr Avino ignored them, did not advise me to seek out my primary instead of her. When I finally got her to talk to me about what I was dealing with, she got defensive, snotty, and said she could do no more for me. In a year, she did no testing other than order one MRI. Barely discussed my MRI even though another neuro I just saw said it looked like mild dementia. She gave me two different medications, mind you this is over a years time, with no results. She did not adjust the dosage or discuss options to treat me. When I finally became frustrated enough, she pulled in her office manager manager in to observe. She barely examined me or did any other neuro tests, than to look at my eyes, squeeze hands, press on my knees. I was told I wasn't in pain, that she could do no more for me, and that it was just conversion disorder. Don't waste a year like I did!

I CAN NOT BELIEVE SHE IS A DOCTOR

I WENT TO SEE THIS DR. TODAY, HER QUESTION TO ME WAS AND I QUOTE " ARE YOU A SKITZZO?" WHAT KIND OF A DR.??? TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Put in a call in 2 weeks ago, never got a call back

Poor Follow Through

I went to see her for migraines. She came recommended by my Insurance and my OB/GYN. Considering my OB/GYN is amazing and has been taking care of me for years, I thought I was doing the right thing. I scheduled into her office, filled out all of the paperwork, etc. Upon meeting her 1x, no testing offered she prescribed me an Epilepsy drug called Topomax. I attempted to take the medication however it did nothing for me. When I called to see what else we could do, I found out she moved her practice and that my records were "lost" could I please come back in and start all over. What doctor worth her "salt" loses patient records??? She wanted to do another office visit just to remember who I was and start medication all over again. At this point I have yet to have a CT, an MRI, anything... She is a disgrace as a doctor and just throws medications at patients that she cares nothing about. I would not recommend that anyone waste their time seeing her!

My favorite neuro so far :)

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis when I was 23 (10 years ago), so I've seen my fair share of neurologists. I've been poked and prodded like a science project most of my adult life. I met Dr. Avino after I just moved here from Philadelphia and I was desperately in a search for a new neuro in the Buffalo area. She has been nothing but warm and welcoming to me. Most doctors just treat me like a diagnosis, but Dr. Avino treats me like a human being that just happens to have a pretty nasty disease. I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes to see her, her staff have been incredibly kind to me and Dr. Avino has been, by far, my favorite neuro I've seen since my MS diagnosis. She is in no rush, listens to all of my concerns and I feel like she genuinely cares.

Dr. Lorianne E Avino is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Orchard Park, NY.

Dr. Lorianne E Avino Is this you?