Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Lornette B Mills
Dr. Lornette B Mills, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Waldorf, MD. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mills is affiliated with UM Charles Regional Medical Center and MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center. Dr. Mills has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Lornette B Mills has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lornette B Mills has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Lornette B Mills is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Was critical of my primary doctor... no bedside manner never touched me no exam no hand shake NOTHING I was in severe pain because of a fissure still waited for 3 and a half weeks to be seen no discussion of treatment for the fissure was sent for test which was neg and still waited for 2 more weeks ..only to be sent for another test which could not be done because I HAD A FISSURE .....
If you have Crohns Disease or Ulcerative Colitis, Harvard Educated Gastroenterologist Dr. Gage is for you. He has a wonder relationship with patients and is very current and educated on the latest therapies and medicines available and his nurses and staff are so kind and attentive. I go to their Fort Washington Office which is only 15 minutes from Alexandria, or 25 from Downtown DC. Free easy parking and right off the main road.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mills is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1989
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Lornette B Mills accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO