Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lorraine B Ofori-Awuah
Dr. Lorraine B Ofori-Awuah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nottingham, MD, with another office in Rosedale, MD. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ofori-Awuah is affiliated with Medstar Franklin Square Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Lorraine B Ofori-Awuah has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 9
This doctor knowing I'm in unbearable pain told me to take Motrin and sent me for therapy but told me she didn't think I needed pain management even after I told her that Motrin does not help. Now I am trying to take care of a 18 month old and 4 month old in pain because she does NOT care about her patients. I will not return to her because she's heartless!
I scheduled an appt w/this provider for the following day due to the fact I wasn't feeling well. I scheduled the appt at approx 12pm for the following day, to be seen at 10am. When I awoke the following day, the day of the appt, I was feeling 100% better. So the minute the office opened at 9am, I called to cancel my 10am appt. I was then billed for a "no show" in the amount of $50.00. I called the office to advise I had indeed cancelled the appt, but since I hadn't given 24 hours notice, they refused to remove the charge. I advised them, the appt wasn't even scheduled 24 hours in advance. They REFUSED to acknowledge that & still billed me for a "no show". Please know, I had NEVER had a no show prior to this, so I was NOT a repeat offender. I refuse to continue to stay w/a practice or a provider, who does not work w/their patients in these types of circumstances. Some providers are all about the bottom line & want nothing to do w/patient satisfaction. I will never return to this provider & I suggest you think about it before choosing this type of practice as your primary care provider.
Dr. Ofori-Awuah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Ghana
Graduated in 1997
Good Samaritan Hospital Of Md
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lorraine B Ofori-Awuah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nottingham, MD.