Dr. Lorraine Sonoda Fogel Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lorraine Sonoda Fogel?

Terrible experience!

Posted on November 17th, 2017

It was the worst experience ever! Dr Lorraine Sonoda Fogel is unacceptably rude, unprofessional, unethical! She told me to stop talking, she did not want to listen, what is my issue. I was in pain, but she did not care, she verbally attacked me like I was there just get a doctors note! How rude! I was there bc I had pinched nerve and I needed some help, not a doctor's note! She just gave me some kind of prescription - which I will not take because it will not help on my pain - and left me without any further advice or help or treatment. She was upset and angry even before it was my turn to go into her office, talked rude to other patients also. She should not work anymore! Unacceptable behavior!

Worst experience EVER!!

Posted on February 14th, 2017

Dr. Fogels visit with me was by far the worst experience with a medical professional I have EVER had!! I would sit in misery before subjecting myself to her nasty, hateful and racist berating. GO TO THE ER!!!

Posted on March 3rd, 2016

Saw Dr Lorraine Sonada Fogel today. The staff was wonderful. The doctor on the other hand was rude and unprofessional. After speaking with my own physician she suggested that I go to an Urgent Care as I was having an extreme asthma attack due to a cold. My physican suggested a brief course of prednisone as I am on Coumadin which I have had to be on in extreme cases when I can't breath (every 5 years or so). Dr. Fogel proceeded to demean my physician and told me " that I would die" if she put me on prednisone. After getting me so upset in which I had an even worse time breathing. She gave me a prescription and told me if I died it wouldn't be her responsibility. I contacted my physician and my anti coagulation clinic and both said I should take the prednisone as it was a brief course. I have been in the medical field for over 30 years and have yet to witness the rudeness and unprofessional attitude that I experienced today with Dr. Fogel.

Posted on October 8th, 2015

Said not able to see patient and the patient was my 4 year old son. Never going there again to see her.

I had Type 2 Diabetes and she did NOT figure this out!!

Posted on February 7th, 2014

I had met her through a friendship between our daughters.....She was starting her practice in Hilo and asked me to come to her as a patient. I made an appointment to see her because I had an itchy rash under my breasts as well as a raging yeast infection in my vagina....it turned out that it WAS candida, resulting from very high glucose levels! I had Type 2 diabetes and she DID not figure this out!! She wasn't interested in my health......She was more interested in giving me lip service that I was wrong for NOT sending my daughter out of state to go to college!!! She is very unprofessional, rude and self absorbed. I would NEVER go to any clinic where she was practicing medicine!! I would rate her NO stars......!!

Wrong information about this doctor. She is great!

Posted on December 18th, 2013

Information and reviews are incorrect about this physician. These must be some disgruntled people unhappy with their lives. Who would say such nasty things. She was only a provider at Bay Clinic and not the CEO. She has no criminal or malpractice suits. This site needs to get their information right!

Posted on April 27th, 2011

We have visited Dr. Sonada-Fogel numerous times. Her bedside manner is extremely compassionate, her diagnosis have been on target each time, and she calls us regarding labs, questions etc. without fail. Wouldn't go to anyone else.

I you love your life "DON'T GO AND SEE HER"

Posted on November 4th, 2010

I have been to many doctor's but I have have never seen anyone like Dr Sonoda-Fogel.She was very mean and cold,she wouldn't let me speak and when I tried to tell her why I was there to see her she told me "that nothing was wrong with me and the pain I was feeling was nothing she could help me with" this women shouldn't be a doctor and the lifes of people shouldn't be left in her hands

Posted on November 4th, 2010

I've never had a doctor make me feel so uncomfortable, uneasy, and furious in my life. She just skimmed over my record and tried to make a diagnosis without ever letting me talk. She actually put her hand up to my face and said "stop talking!" I've been to Waimea Urgent Care many times and the rest of the doctors and staff are wonderful and friendly. So if you go and only Dr. Fogel is there, you'd be better off going to the emergency room.

Akamai Local Doctor

Posted on August 29th, 2010

Beautiful office, nice staff, good doctor.

Don't go to her!

Posted on February 11th, 2010

She is rude, mean and just down right unprofessional. Do not see her at her office or at Urgent Care! You should just go to the ER! She is always wrong, never really checks anyone out and is just an awful doctor! She can cost you your life, so please ADVISE go to someone else! She is TERRIBLE!

Dr. Sonoda-Fogel unprofessional

Posted on March 24th, 2009

Very poor chairside manner. Never met her before, acted "angry" with me...felt personal. Be aware