Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lorrie Odom
Dr. Lorrie Odom, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Denver, CO, with another office in Wheat Ridge, CO. She has 44 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. Dr. Odom is affiliated with North Suburban Medical Ctr, Medical Center Of Aurora North and Sky Ridge Medical Center. Dr. Odom has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Lorrie Odom has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Dr. Lorrie Odom has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Genetic Translocation
- Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Precursor Cell Lymphoblastic Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
Dr. Lorrie Odom has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lorrie Odom is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma tumor in 1980 and Dr. Odom was my oncologist at The Children's Hospital in Denver, Colorado. She was the most caring person and made my family feel so comfortable in such a difficult time. My parents were not highly educated people but never treated them that way and always explained things to me so that I, at 11, could understand. She was an amazing woman. If you are lucky enough to have her as your child's doctor I would not give it a second thought.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Odom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Suburban Medical Ctr
Medical Center Of Aurora North
Sky Ridge Medical Center
Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical
The Children's Hospital
44 Years Experience
University of Colorado
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lorrie Odom in this video.
Dr. Lorrie Odom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.