Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lorry D Thornton has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Lorry D Thornton has the following 14 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Weight Loss
- Contact Dermatitis
- Family Planning
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Back Pain
Dr. Lorry D Thornton is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
We have been searching for a primary care doctor since arriving to the Ft. Hood area. We have seen so many that have been horrible. Our experience with Dr. Thornton has been amazing. Both my wife and I have been very satisfied with the care we have gotten at the Harker Heights Clinic with Dr. Thornton. Her wait time can be a bit long, but the amount of time and care she gives each patient makes the wait worth it. Her staff is knowledgeable and attentive as well. She has been able to see us on short notice and follows up with the use of MyChart. We have asked questions via MyChart and her response time is fast. We have also had referrals by Dr. Thornton put in and those were filled extremely fast as well. All and all we are 100% satisfied with the care we are now receiving.
I saw Dr. Thornton at the Belton Urgent Care Center and she was very attentive to my needs. She spend the time necessary to provide the needed care for me.
Saw this doctor in a workers comp case. She appears to be on the side of the insurance company, did not report what happened during the exam, did not listen to what the injured employee said during the exam, and stated in her report exactly what the insurance company wanted her to say without any thought of the injured worker.
29 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Dr. Lorry D Thornton accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsScott & White Belton Urgent Care, 309 Lake Rd, Belton, TX
Dr. Lorry D Thornton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Belton, TX.