Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Louie Tsiktsiris
Dr. Louie Tsiktsiris, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Raleigh, NC, with another office in Everett, WA. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tsiktsiris is affiliated with Wake Med Raleigh Campus, New Hanover Regional M.C. and Rex Healthcare Inc.. He speaks English.
Dr. Louie Tsiktsiris has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Louie Tsiktsiris has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Louie Tsiktsiris has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Louie Tsiktsiris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I am sad to even give this office 1 star. It all began right from ARRIVAL. First upon arrival and after 15 minutes of the receptionist "searching" she realized they lost ALL my paperwork, which included an irreplacable full medical history. I waited for 45 minutes to see the doctor for him to disregard everything I said and merely put me on highly addictive pain killers and order blood work. Upon blood work results being received he spent 5 minutes with me, told me "there's nothing I can do for you, you don't have any inflammatory problems" and sent me away. This is the worst office I have ever visited and I have filed a complaint with the medical board, do not go to him by any means!
Dr. Tsiktsiris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wake Med Raleigh Campus
New Hanover Regional M.C.
Rex Healthcare Inc.
20 Years Experience
University Of Ottawa
Graduated in 1993
De Paul Hospital
Dr. Louie Tsiktsiris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Louie Tsiktsiris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.