Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis C Adamo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Adamo is the best doctor I ever had. I've been to him for all sorts of complaints and he's always been empathetic - HE LISTENS and never rushes me through. I've been to him for many pains and aches and never did he prescribe anything stronger than (maybe twice in 17 years) muscle relaxants for some strain. I just don't believe the government is trying to take his license because he prescribed pain pills. who says they are too many? I'm heartbroken over this.
Had him for a very long time thanks to Dr.Pelicci for telling us about him other wise we would never have meet him or gone to him and we still go to him still he is a great Doctor he never rushes you out he takes he time with all his patients now that's a Doctor not that your in and out. They should have more Doctors like him around here.
Lou is a great Dr. But not so great that he's worth seeing when you take his staff into account. His nurse Karen is perhaps to rudest person in health care I have ever come across. She also never returns calls and treats all of his patents like crap. I know 5 fellow Adamo patients and we all home about how ignorant this woman is.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2014, 2015, 2008, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2010, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Adamo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scranton Temple Mercy Hospital
Dr. Louis C Adamo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Associates Northeast PA, 1789 N Keyser Ave Ste 2, Scranton, PA
Dr. Louis C Adamo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scranton, PA.