Dr. Louis Aledort Is this you?

2.2

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Louis Aledort?

Posted on July 6th, 2016

Dr.Aledort is the rudest doctor we have ever met. He made nasty comments during our consultation every time we asked a question. He refused to answer some questions saying it is written in the lab report, but the report was hard to decipher for a layman. There was no follow up, he was impossible to get in touch with and phone calls were never returned. He clearly has many issues and is a very unhappy man, completely unprofessional, to say the least. Insurance covered all bills, never a problem with that. Find another hematologist.

Posted on February 18th, 2016

Horrible manner with me would never recommend anyone see him

Not a good experience

Posted on August 24th, 2015

I went knowing I had severe chronic anemia. He sent me to the treatment center without explaining my treatment, how many infusions I had to take, when should I get re-tested, and he left so fast I didn't get a chance to ask. No follow-up. I really don't want to go back but it was so hard getting an appointment with any hematologist in the first place, that I don't know what to do.

Beware of ridiculous lab bills!

Posted on January 21st, 2014

I had only one appointment with Dr. Aledort which consisted of a single visit with the doc, a large blood draw & one follow up phone call.... and a $350 lab bill nearly 2 years after my first visit! Apparently the Ruttenberg Treatment Center bills differently than any other doctor I've ever visited & decides to double charge you for labs & add in a hospital fee. (I was not admitted to the hospital. This was not an emergency situation, just a regular doctor's appointment.) And my insurance fully covers labwork & this hospital is in network. The doctor was nice enough, but I will never seek treatment here again because of these ridiculous charges. (I tried following up several times with both my insurance company & Mt. Sinai, but eventually figured it wasn't worth the stress of trying to get through to someone & paid the bill.)

Posted on December 14th, 2010

very poor at following up after my visit!!!... extremely rude secretary!!! (hangs up phone)... and too busy on the phone dealing with other patients when he was suppose to be dealing with me in the middle my appointment!!!

Posted on May 4th, 2017