Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Louis E Bartoshesky
Dr. Louis E Bartoshesky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, DE. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Genetics (M.D.), Medical Genetics and Pediatrics. Dr. Bartoshesky is affiliated with Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Bryn Mawr Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Louis E Bartoshesky has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.)
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Louis E Bartoshesky has the following 3 expertise
- Multiple Abnormalities
- Down Syndrome
- Cleft Palate
Dr. Louis E Bartoshesky has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Louis E Bartoshesky is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Bartoshesky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Louis E Bartoshesky accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
Locations & DirectionsNemours Alfred I Dupont Hospital For Children, 1600 Rockland Rd, Wilmington, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Louis E Bartoshesky in this video.
Dr. Louis E Bartoshesky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.