Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis J Bresnick has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Louis J Bresnick has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Louis J Bresnick has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 51
My overall rating for the doctor himself is 4 stars. Overall rating to include the office staff drops it to 2 stars. The office staff is less than helpful or courteous. I am left standing at the window upon entering the office without any acknowledgment for a full minute or two, to then have the glass slid back and be told without looking up, in a bothersome manner, that they "will be with me in a minute." The staff are frequently rude and act like they are doing you a favor to check you in and make your follow up appointments. The wait time needs to be improved. They are always running behind schedule unless you are the first appointment of the day...and not 5-10 minutes. Usually have a 10-15 min wait in the office waiting room, and then another 15 minute internally....VERY FRUSTRATING. This is not a one time observation...I have been coming here for over 5 years, it is for the most part the same every visit. On the other hand, Dr Bresnick is wonderful. Takes time with me, is knowledgeable, explains alternatives, is never condescending to you, never judgmental, gives you choices, and I never feel rushed. He allows you to participate in your plan of care. Always pleasant and cheerful. He is an excellent doctor. I overlook all the office issues because he is so good. I would recommend him to anyone. The nursing staff is also always pleasant and helpful. However, I would recommend lessons in courtesy and pleasantry for the office staff. These are areas in which they are sorely lacking.
Very pleased with his knowledge and professionalism, and takes times to listen. The office can be hard to deal with at times, with phones not answered, leaving messages/coordinating call backs and that type of interaction. Front desk does is not very friendly--they are doing you a favor to check you in.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Bresnick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Louis J Bresnick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMerrimack Valley Internal Associates, 20 Research Pl Ste 310, North Chelmsford, MA
Dr. Louis J Bresnick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Chelmsford, MA.